Now that 2019 is here, we can officially say, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens this year! Disney has confirmed Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open summer 2019 at Disneyland Resort and late Fall 2019 at Walt Disney World. Learn 19 facts about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Guests will be on the planet of Batuu in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Guests will be able to roam a street marketplace, with a Toydarian in charge. Shop handcrafted toys such as – The Toydarian Wares.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the single largest land expansion at Disney to date.
- When Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens, guests will become part of their own Star Wars Story and step into the village named, Black Spire Outpost. This village is the Largest settlement on the planet Batuu.
- Black Spire Outpost is a stop for traders, adventurers and smugglers.
- Black Spired Outpost is a haven for Star Wars characters.
- The Outpost is Known for remains of tall ancient trees.
- Spires stand guard at the Outpost.
- Black Spire Outpost will have a brand new Cantina, run by Oga Garra, and abides by a code of conduct for often unruly guests. Guests who visit may run into a familiar face or a stormtrooper. Adults and children alike will enjoy.
- The cantina will serve blue milk. The Blue milk drink is inspired by Luke Skywalker in Star Wars IV: A New Hope.
- During your stop at the Cantina enjoy music by RX-24 (former StarSpeeder 3000 pilot droid at Star Tours). He is now a DJ for the cantina. Be aware, this location is a safe haven for smugglers and those avoiding authority. Interesting things could happen.
- New audio-animatronics are coming to the land. They are named, the A-1000 audio-animatronics and will be fully electronic.
- The A-1000 audio-animatronics are Disney’s most expensive audio-animatronics built to date. They are expected to be lifelike, with an expectancy to last 20+ years.
- Oga’s Cantina can be enjoyed at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort. For the first time in history Disneyland will sell alcohol in the parks, at Oga’s Cantina.
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – One of the headliner attractions at Star War’s: Galaxy’s Edge has guests in control of their own ship (seating 6 in a pod) with 200 buttons, knobs and switches in the cockpit. Each seat will be able to help with a role and control the ship during the mission from Hondo Ohnaka to bring back the loot.
- Travelers who complete a poor mission on Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and then go to Oga’s Cantina could end up on a local bounty hunter’s list.
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is the first attraction at Disney to have the outcome of a ride connect to other experiences in the park.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Residence – For the other headliner attraction at Star War’s: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney Imagineers have built a fleet of X-wing Starfighters, these are full size and made of metal. Putting guests in a battle with First Order and the Resistance, on a ride through attraction.
- Disney has confirmed guests will see the following characters: BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order and many more.
photo credit: Thanks, Sara
Click here for all the latest Disney News!
Going to Disney? You might qualify for a Disney Gift Card when you book your trip with the Couponing to Disney